The Epi-LASIK procedure uses a unique microkeratome to mechanically separate the epithelium (top thin layer of the corneal surface) to make a flap. Unlike LASIK, no sharp blades or cutting are required.
For more information click on the link below:
- Chicago Tribune
Search for the latest news on LASIK and EPI-LASIK
Advantages over LASIK:
- Decreased risk of flap complications (incomplete flap, irregular flap, abrasions)
- Decreased risk of surgical complications post-operative (flap striae, DLK)
- Decreased incidence of post-op dry eye syndrome. The corneal nerves are not severed.
- Better in treating thin corneas. Approximately 35% less tissue is removed.
Advantages over PRK:
- Quicker healing time (less down time than PRK)
- Decreased post operative pain and discomfort
- More rapid visual recovery
Please click on the button below to request an appointment.
Please click on the button below to write a review
Join our E-Mail Club to receive information on EXCLUSIVE specials, promotions, events and more!