Larson Eye Center is pleased to offer the FDA approved Intraocular Lens procedure, also known as Refractive Lensectomy or Clear Lens Extraction.
A Refractive Lensectomy involves the insertion of a lens implant into the eye, much like those used in cataract surgeries. This intraocular lens, or IOL, has the ability to "accommodate" or change shape, allowing it to focus on objects at all distances. So far, visual results to-date have been excellent, with few side effects or complications. Patients who are not eligible (or not candidates) for any of the other types of refractive surgical procedures may be great candidates for a Refractive Lensectomy.
FDA Clinical Trial Information
- 100% could see intermediate (24" to 30") without glasses, the distance for most of life's activities
- 98.4% of patients implanted with crystalens in both eyes could pass a driver's test without glasses
- Some patients did require glasses for some tasks after implantation of the crystalens
- 98.4% could see well enough to read the newspaper and the phone book without glasses.
- Significantly more patients implanted with a crystalens (88.4%) could see better at all distances then patients implanted with a standard IOL (35.9%)
The AcrySof ReSTOR intraocular lens (IOL) was approved by the FDA in March 2005. This lens technology is designed to allow patients to see clearly at all distances without bifocals or reading glasses. In the clinical study, 80% of patients who received the ReSTOR IOL reported that they never wear glasses for any activities. They were able to read a book, work on a computer, drive a car - day or night, and play golf or tennis with an increased freedom from glasses.
Benefits of Clear Lensectomy Include:
- Provides excellent quality of vision due to its placement inside the eye.
- Patients will never have to worry about cataracts as they age since the IOL will remain clear.
- Can reduce or eliminate presbyopia (natural aging of the lens) allowing patients a clear alternative to reading glasses.
LASIK Self Evaluation Test
Please click on the button below to request an appointment.
Please click on the button below to write a review
Join our E-Mail Club to receive information on EXCLUSIVE specials, promotions, events and more!